Jacquelynn Arbuckle, MD
Christine Athmann, MD
Community and Academic Support Coordinator
2132 Health Sciences Learning Center
750 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
Map and directions
The Native American Center for Health Professions is located within the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health.
Our vision is to improve the health and wellness of American Indian people. We focus on five primary objectives as part of our mission:
- Enhance recruitment of Native students to UW health professional schools and programs
- Improve the Native health professional student experience
- Establish and enhance Native health education opportunities
- Recruit, retain and develop Native faculty
- Grow Native health academic programs, in both research and education, with tribal communities
We work with prospective students, current students, and health professionals to serve as a central location within the UW School of Medicine and Public Health for opportunities of growth, professional development, mentorship, research and support. We offer innovative ways to continue to enhance our pathways of Native health professional students, as well as keep students connected to Native health and wellness issues.