Guidelines for Submitting News and Events
You are encouraged to submit health sciences news and events to be posted on the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health website. The following general guidelines are provided to ensure that news and event listings are accurate and complete.
How to Send News and Events
News and events can be emailed to email@example.com.
News suitable for posting on the School of Medicine and Public Health website includes:
- Faculty, staff and student awards
- Research advances
- Recent grants awarded and grant opportunities
- Significant milestones
- New faculty announcements
- Examples of the Wisconsin Idea (such as students making a difference in the community)
In general, news items should include the who, what, where and when. Other details to consider:
- Be sure names are spelled correctly
- Include appropriate titles of faculty
- Spell out acronyms
- If an announcement includes a call to action (for example, a request for abstracts for a research symposium), indicate the deadline
- Include a contact (email address, phone number or website) for additional information
Although event announcements can be submitted anytime before the date they take place, it's advisable to send them at least two weeks in advance of the event date or registration deadline, if applicable. Please include the following information:
- Title of event
- Date, time and location
- Short description
- Registration details, if applicable
- A contact (email address, phone number or website) for additional information
Photos, flyers, multimedia and other relevant materials for news and event submissions are welcome and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If materials can be downloaded, please provide a link.