Physical Therapy Alumni Coalition
In Touch Newsletter: Fall 2009
2016 - James Elliott, PT, PhD
2015 - Susan Whitney, DPT, PhD, NCS, ATC, FAPTA
2014 - Jennifer Bottomley, PT, MS, PhD
2013 - Adriaan Louw, PT, PhD
2011 - Donald A. Neumann, PT, PhD
2009 - David A. Brown, PT, PhD
2008 - Duane Saunders, PA, MS
2007 - Anthony Delitto, PT, PhD
2006 - Timothy Flynn, PT, PhD
2005 - Charles D. Ciccone, PT, PhD
2004 - Suzann Campbell, PT, PhD
2003 - Ben Massey, Jr., PT, MA
Visiting lecturer guidelines (pdf)
The Alumni Coalition is a group of approximately 10 individuals, both alumni of the UW-Madison Physical Therapy Program and/or faculty members, working to support the Program and the success of its students, fostering Alumni networking, and educating alumni. The coalition was formed in 2010.
One of the UW-Madison Physical Therapy Program's greatest strengths is its extensive and loyal alumni base. Our alumni are a great source of pride and inspiration. We encourage you to keep in touch and stay connected to our program.
We have a long list of experienced alumni who would love to serve as mentors so please contact us if you feel you could use some mentoring!
- Support our scholarship and funds
- Update your contact information
- Join our Facebook page
- Let us know if you are interested in helping with any of our global trips or granting our students shadowing opportunities.
Committees and Initiatives
Current committees and initiative include:
- Funding scholarships for DPT students
- Supporting annual visiting lecturer series
- Developing and supporting a mentoring program for third year DPT students
- Helping to organize an annual reception at APTA Combined Sections Meeting for students, faculty, and Alumni
- Preserving the legacy of one of the oldest physical therapy programs through archiving photos and other objects from years past
- Recognizing past Alumni for their contributions to the profession
- Co-chairs: Jennifer Werwie (’12) and Chantel Hasman (’05)
- Secretary: Susan Griffin (’84)
We are an affiliate group of the UW Alumni Association; we are not a formal membership category. Any alumnus of the UW-Madison PT Program can join the coalition.
Class of 2016
Margaret Kohli Award for Outstanding Alumni Contributions
A graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Physical Therapy Program who has made meaningful contributions to the physical therapy profession through clinical practice, education, research, or service.
The nomination packet should include a letter detailing why the candidate qualifies and the candidate’s CV. All nomination packets must be sent electronically to the Program Director and received by October 1. The Physical Therapy Program’s Alumni Awards Committee and the Alumni Coalition will review all nomination packets for eligibility. One award recipient will then be selected. The recipient will be notified by November 1 and the award will be presented at the University of Wisconsin – Madison Physical Therapy Program’s alumni function at the Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association.
News and Events
Thanks to all of you who joined us for our alumni event at the 2017 APTA Combined Sections Meeting in San Antonio, Texas. (Click the thumbnails to view larger images.)
- Wisconsin Alumni Association (WAA)
- Wisconsin Alumni Directory (update your contact information here)
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association (WPTA)
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT)
- Physical Therapy Portal