For Business and Industry
The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health's Office of Industry Relations (OIR) works as an interface between medical school researchers and industry.
The Office of Industry Relations assists faculty in establishing research relationships with industry, and advises faculty on university policy governing outside interactions with industry.
Supporting Industry Research
The Office of Industry Relations at the UW School of Medicine and Public Health assists researchers in structuring industry relationships to maximize the effectiveness of the collaborations and meet university policy guidelines.
The office then negotiates and facilitates the execution of agreements that govern the relationships. Types of industry relationships developed by the Office of Industry Relations include:
- Industry-sponsored research
- Material transfer agreements (including those with other academic institutions and government agencies)
- Collaboration agreements
- Equipment loan agreements
- Software and data use agreements
- Fee-for-service agreements