Lifecourse Initiative for Healthy Families - Request for Proposals
Local Convening Agencies
Milwaukee: Planning Council for Health and Human Services, Inc.; 1243 N. 10th St. Suite #200, Milwaukee WI, 53205. Contact: Kathleen Pritchard
Kenosha: Black Health Coalition of Greater Kenosha; 8600 Sheridan Road Suite 600, Kenosha, WI 53143. Contact: Gwen Perry-Brye
Resources for Grant Applicants
As part of its long-term commitment to reducing racial and ethnic disparities in birth outcomes in the state, The Wisconsin Partnership Program will award up to four Community Action Planning Grants through its Lifecourse Initiative for Healthy Families (LIHF).
Wisconsin is a leader among states for its low white infant mortality rate (number of infant deaths per 1,000 live births), but its infant mortality rate for African-Americans is the highest in the nation.
The LIHF will work to identify the needs of African-American women and their families, and pursue opportunities to address those needs.
On October 15, 2009, agencies representing four Wisconsin cities - Milwaukee, Racine, Kenosha, and Beloit - filed notices of intent to apply for these funds. These agencies will create plans for improving healthy birth outcomes and reducing African-American infant health disparities.
This planning process includes the following:
- Formation of an Maternal and Child Health Lifecourse Collaborative
- Collaboration among traditional and non-traditional partners in the community
- Community-wide, community-involved visioning involving residents and key stakeholders
- An assessment of the strengths, assets, needs, and resources of the community
- Identification and selection of priority areas by developing a Community Action Plan to address the health needs of African American women in a more comprehensive and coordinated way
- Participation with the UW School of Medicine and Public Health and the WPP in a public education campaign to raise awareness
The Community Action Planning proposals are due no later than January, 31, 2010.
|Community Action Planning RFP and Electronic Notice of Intent Released||September 21, 2009|
|Notice of Intent (NOI) due||October 15, 2009|
Phase 1 Community Action Planning and Early Implementation Full Proposal due
|Proposals accepted between
November 1-January 31, 2010
|Final day to submit technical questions regarding the RFP. Responses to questions will be posted weekly online at the Wisconsin Partnership Program website||November 9, 2009|
|Notification of award or return to applicant for revision and resubmission||Within 60 days of submission|
|Earliest project start date||January 1, 2010|
|Latest project end date||June 30, 2011|
Please direct questions to Lorraine Lathen, LIHF Program Leader:
Lorraine Lathen, President
Jump at the Sun Consultants, LLC
LIHF Project Consultant
P.O. Box 241101
Milwaukee, WI 53224
Or, to the Wisconsin Partnership Program Office:
Wisconsin Partnership Program
4230 Health Sciences Learning Center
750 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705-2221
(608) 265-6688 phone
(608) 262-2327 fax