Mission: reason for being
The University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health is a diverse, inclusive academic community committed to excellence and equity in health, and wellness through teaching and learning, clinical service, advocacy, and research in all forms of biological science, population health science, and health care.
Vision: our place in the world
To be a premier academic, integrated medical and public health research institution that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Values: the ideals we live by
- Respect for the rights, dignity and differences of all
- Shared responsibility
- Promote shared values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Engage School of Medicine and Public Health leadership in diversity and inclusion through professional development and communication
- Secure our future through recruiting and retaining a diverse group of students, post graduate learners, faculty, and staff
- Improve the coordination and communication of school and campus diversity planning