Dear Pandemic is a social media-based COVID-19 science communication project run by PhD/MD-trained female scientists across many social, clinical, and bench science disciplines.
A fieldwork student would be a part of our dynamic interdisciplinary team with lots of opportunities for networking and professional development. An interest in public engagement with science and/or infectious disease would be helpful. The work is 100% virtual and remote with flexible hours. Dear Pandemic is a volunteer effort at this time.
We are currently seeking an MPH student for fieldwork placement.
The job duties include but limited to:
- administrative and website support
- background research and fact-checking on COVID-19 related information,
- ability to work independently and remotely on their own computer equipment/broadband internet access
- excellent written communication skills
- know how to use Slack, or be able to learn
- experience with website management or social media account management, or ability to learn with some coaching.
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
- fluent Spanish. Candidate with this skill will have the opportunity to work with our Spanish-language mirror site, Querida Pandemia
- experience formatting a weekly newsletter and managing a contact list using MailChimp
- experience creating content for Tiktok