Healthy women lead to healthy families, and healthy families lead to healthy communities.
Thus, the alliance envisions Wisconsin as an environment where every woman - at every age and every stage of life - is able to reach her optimal health, safety and economic security. The Wisconsin Alliance for Women's Health aims to achieve this vision by informing, involving and inspiring individuals to be effective advocates.
A project with the Wisconsin Alliance for Women’s Health is an exciting way to be actively engaged in non-profit advocacy work and become part of something you believe in. The alliance fights to:
- Eliminate the gender wage gap
- Increase the state earned income tax credit
- Expand and strengthen BadgerCare
- Make child care affordable
- Ensure paid family and medical leave
- Ensure employees have paid sick days
- Raise minimum wage
- Support comprehensive, medically-accurate reproductive health care
- Protect confidentiality for insured dependents
- Make workplaces friendlier for breastfeeding moms
- Implement effective teen dating violence prevention policies
- Implement comprehensive child sexual abuse prevention policies
Projects may vary based on student’s learning objectives and our organization’s needs.