The weekly Medical Scientist Training Program seminar takes place each Wednesday at 5 p.m. during fall and spring semesters.
The majority of the sessions are devoted to presentations of student research. Other topics include:
- Career development presentations by faculty
- Instruction in responsible conduct of research
- Discussion of medical ethics
- Issues of diversity in medicine and research
- Clinical grand rounds, presented by MSTP directors and Med 4 students
- MSTP seminars provide a great opportunity for students and faculty in the program to interact with each other on a weekly basis.
Attendance is required by all students, with the exception of third- and fourth-year medical students during their clinical rotations. Two absences per semester are allowed; after a third absence, the student will be asked to meet with the MSTP director.