The Dean's Teaching Awards were established in 1992 to honor outstanding contributions in student education in medical school programs.
These awards are selected by a committee of faculty that have previously been honored for their excellence in teaching, and, as such, are the medical school's only peer-selected teaching award.
Criteria for selection of awardees includes:
- Excellence in education, including teaching technology, evaluation methods, administrative efforts, etc.
- Extraordinary and sustained dedication and effort on behalf of student education
- Demonstrated high level of teaching effectiveness
- Innovation in education
The Dean's Research Mentorship Award was established in 2011 to honor individual University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health faculty members who have performed exceptional service outside of the classroom as research mentors for medical students.
- Extraordinary and sustained dedication in support of student research mentorship
- Demonstrated high level of research mentoring effectiveness, supported by student research scholarship and evaluations