Five houses comprise The Neighborhood within the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. The houses exist to build community, and cultivate well-being during medical school, but they also help build professional identity. Each house has a Academic Career Advising Program mentor.
Which ACAP mentor is assigned to my house?
Your house mentor assignment can be found in Oasis under "academic history > MyMedSchool."
- Bardeen House: Carol Diamond, MD, Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
- Gunderson House: Sam Lubner, MD, Oncology
- Middleton House: Christopher Hildebrand, MD, Internal Medicine
- Bamforth House: Pam Ryan, MD, Internal Medicine
- McPherson House: Blaise Nemeth, MD, MS, Pediatric Orthopedics
What is the best way to schedule a meeting with my ACAP House Mentor?
House mentors can be reached at the following ways:
- Pam Ryan, schedule via Starfish
- Sam Lubner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carol Diamond, email@example.com
- Blaise Nemeth, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Hildebrand, email@example.com
- log in to your MyUW
- search for "Starfish"
- click Add to home to add Starfish to your dashboard
- open the Starfish app
- select name (Pamela Ryan) and find a date and time to meet