The Indians Into Medicine Program (INMED) is a five-year grant offered to public and nonprofit private colleges and universities to support the enrollment of American Indians and Alaska Natives to pursue careers in health care.
The Native American Center for Health Professions (NACHP) is a recipient of INMED funding. This grant helps fund outreach and support to Native American students who wish to pursue health care careers, ages spanning middle school and beyond.
NACHP partners with multiple programs within and outside of the University of Wisconsin-Madison to ensure students are provided with educational and cultural opportunities along their paths.
- Access to Native American mentors
- Cultural immersion training within tribal clinics
- Culturally significant conferences
- On-campus support programming
- Professional development opportunities