Students in the Path of Distinction in Public Health are expected to participate in the program throughout medical school with all requirements completed by the beginning of their fourth year. This includes enrollment in final courses during M4 year.
Path of Distinction in Public Health students are expected to participate in the program throughout medical school with all requirements completed by the end of their M4 year. This timeframe provides sufficient flexibility for students to access the required coursework, gain public health experience, and complete a scholarly paper and presentation.
Path of Distinction in Public Health requirements:
- PHS 712 : Leadership in Medicine and Public Health
- One public health course in the second semester of Phase 1
- Public health field project (160 hours)
- A project mentor to work with during project
- Scholarly paper
- Oral presentation of project/scholarly paper at Path of Distinction in Public Health sponsored symposium
- Participation in Path of Distinction in Public Health Learning Community
- Co-lead one learning community session before graduation
- Attend at least one learning community session in phase 2
- Attend at least three learning community sessions in phase 3
Please complete the application below. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.