The UW–Madison PA Program is committed to improving the health of the people of Wisconsin, and in doing so, creating innovative models for the rest of the country. Our campus and community-based training options offer classroom, clinical, and elective experiences that emphasize our mission throughout.
We address all areas of program development by first considering the following:
- Who are our patients and who are the students who will one day treat them?
- Where is there the most need and why?
- What does it take to train compassionate, competent, and committed PA clinicians?
- When our world undergoes a massive shift both physically and consciously how do we best adapt to preserve academic excellence and a commitment to fearless self-assessment?
- How do we mentor students, develop curriculum, and provide experiences that create change beyond PA training?
The UW-Madison PA Program recently formed a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force composed of PA faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community PA-Cs. This group was brought together to create and ensure equal access to appropriate support systems for students and to take immediate action towards minimizing bias and systemic inequities for all people. When considering your fit for our PA program, it is essential that you see yourself in our diversity statement and are equally committed to turning intention into action.