Medical simulation is a rapidly growing field, and more and more credentialing organizations are requiring simulation training as part of their curriculum.
The UW Health Clinical Simulation Program will encompass all disciplines and practitioner populations and will support UW Health's goal to provide unsurpassed patient care quality and safety to patients. A robust simulation research program will also help to define the future of simulation-based health professionals education.
Mission and vision
Dr. Scott Hagen, associate professor of pediatrics at the UW School of Medicine and Public Health, talks about the benefits of simulation.
Offer a leading-edge simulation program that promotes sharing of clinical knowledge and skills across disciplines and practitioner populations to improve the quality and safety of patient care in Wisconsin and beyond.
Create a comprehensive educational health care simulation program with focus on the health care team as well as the individual practitioner:
- Serving a variety of disciplines
- Benefiting learners of all skill levels
- Defining and measuring competencies
- Enhancing patient and practitioner safety and improving outcomes
- Advancing the science of simulation in health care
- Department of Anesthesiology
- Department of Emergency Medicine
- Department of Medicine
- Department of Pediatrics
- Department of Surgery
- Department of Urology
- UW Health Emergency Education Center
- UW Health Pharmacy Technician Training Program | Application
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Clinical Teaching and Assessment Center (CTAC)
- Games and Simulation for Health Care (Ebling Library)
- Office of Continuing Professional Development (OCPD)
- SimLEARN (Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Simulation CAVE in the Virtual Environments Group
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare
- Simulation Use for Global Away Rotations (SUGAR)
- Developing Effective Simulations (pdf)
- A Simulation Journey: Developing, Designing and Constructing the University of Wisconsin Health Clinical Simulation Program and Center (pdf)
- HPSN Midwest AV Workshop and Simulation Lab Tour (pdf)
- Simulation Debriefing Presentation (pdf)
- Simulation (Front and) Center - Healthcare Design Magazine
- The Role of Debriefing in Simulation-Based Learning (pdf)