Current tuition and fees

To determine the cost of attendance for the MPH Program, visit the UW-Madison Office of the Registrar's website and select "Health Professional" from the "choose a student program" dropdown menu above the table.

Financial aid

A number of our students utilize financial aid as a method of financing their education. To do this, you will need to complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In order to be eligible for federal funding students must be either a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen.

Graduate assistantships

Master of public health students frequently pursue and obtain funding through graduate assistantship positions on campus. These positions include teaching assistantships (TA), project assistantships (PA) or research assistantships (RA). Current compensation for a TA, PA or RA is full tuition waiver (resident and non-resident), a monthly stipend and insurance benefits. Availability of these positions vary from semester to semester, but many of our students are able to obtain these positions for at least some of their time in our program.

The best way to find an assistantship is to begin networking as soon as you're admitted to our program. We encourage any UW-Madison graduates to contact the department they graduated from to learn about potential assistantships as this tends to be a good lead on opportunities.

Additional sources for job opportunities

Be sure to "like" the official MPH Facebook page as we post all opportunities here as we learn about them.

Finally, both on and off campus hourly job opportunities can be found through the Student Job Center.