End of May
All applicants are advised to determine whether this program meets requirements for licensure in the state where they live. See the American Academy of Physician Assistants website for contact information for state licensing boards.
This only applies to the distance education option. You may still apply for the campus option.
Please note: As of the cycle opening late-April 2020, the UW Madison PA Program will require applicants to take the CASPER exam. The deadline to take the CASPer exam has been extended to Aug. 11.
The supplemental application is now included in the CASPA application. It is made up of the following components:
- General demographic information
- How the applicant has completed or plans to complete prerequisites
- Listing of health care experience anticipated during the admissions process (From time of submission through January)
- Optional academic record statement (700-word limit)
- Optional personal essay (700-word limit)
- Distance education essay – required only if you are applying for the distance education option (700-word limit)
- wisPACT essay – required only if you are applying for the wisPACT option (700-word limit)
- MPH/MPAS essay – required only if you are applying for the MPH/MPAS option (700-word limit)
Verification of your submitted CASPA application can take from four to six weeks.
COVID-19 and admissions
The UW-Madison PA Program has already enacted numerous changes for its 2020-21 application cycle related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please use the provided link to stay up-to-date on how the pandemic affects your application.
UW-Madison PA Program admission interviews take place over a five-week period in January and February. Each invited candidate selects a two-day (Thursday-Friday) session. Approximately 20 candidates are invited to interview each week. Interview sessions consist of the following:
- Candidates attend a lecture with PA current students
- Lunch with all UW-Madison PA Program faculty and staff
- Overview of the UW-Madison PA Program with Virginia Snyder, PhD, PA-C, program director
- PA student panel
- Each candidate has two individual 15-minute interviews with faculty and staff