UW Health and the the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health have joined to offer an online opportunity for UW Health practitioners to meet the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board emergency rule requiring continuing education on its opioid prescribing guidelines.
The course is titled Rational Opioid Prescribing: New Wisconsin Medical Examining Board Prescribing Guidelines and will be available until Dec. 31, 2017.
The module is available on the Interprofessional Continuing Education Partnership website.
- Select Create Account (top right corner of the page)
- If you have a UW Madison Net ID – log in, or if not, simply create a visitor account
- Complete your profile
- Return to the Course (use the Course Catalog to search, if necessary)
- Select “Begin”
- Complete all of the steps listed under “Course Progress”
- Return to your profile to print the credit certificate for your records
In support of improving patient care, the University of Wisconsin-Madison ICEP is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) to provide continuing education for the health care team.