Criteria for Visiting Student Applications
The School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison reviews applications for visiting students meeting all of the following criteria:
- The student is a U.S. citizen, Canadian citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- The student is currently enrolled in an LCME or AOA accredited medical school
- The student is in his/her final year of training at the time they will be rotating in the School of Medicine and Public Health
- The student has received a passing score on USMLE Step 1
There are no exceptions to these criteria.
Applying to School of Medicine and Public Health Visiting Student Rotations
Visiting Rotations in the 2016-17 Academic Year:
- Enrollment for the 2016-17 academic year ends April 23, 2017 and covers rotations through June 30, 2017. This enrollment is completed through the SMPH OASIS system.
- Please select the Fee Payment link to pay your application fee and then Register for Visiting Student Account. Complete all items on the form and select “Register,” which will take you to the application.
- Visiting students must enroll in a minimum of four weeks and no more than eight weeks of clerkships.
- Affiliation agreement: An affiliation agreement between the visiting student’s home institution and UW-Madison is required. Agreements must be initiated by the home institution. This UW Box folder contains the AAMC Uniform Affiliation Agreement, UW Implementation Letter, and information/instructions. For questions specifically relating to affiliation agreements, please have your institution contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Print Sections 1 and 2 of your application after paying your fee and selecting courses.
- Please be sure to review our Refund Policy.
Visiting Rotations in the 2017-18 Academic Year:
- Enrollment for the 2017-18 academic year will open April 28, 2017 in the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS). The catalog for 2017-18 is not open or visible in VSAS at this time.
Visiting students seeking rotations in the following departments during 2017-18 should select the appropriate link below while we transition to VSAS: