Call for Postdoctoral Trainee Position in Microbes in Health and Disease
The Microbes in Health and Disease steering committee at the University of Wisconsin-Madison is soliciting applications for one postdoctoral trainee position to be appointed from August 1, 2012, to July 31, 2013.
Eligibility for T32 support is restricted to postdocs who have completed an advanced degree (MD, MD/PhD or PhD). Individuals with an MD degree and pursuing specialty training in areas such as infectious disease are given preference for this slot.
The deadline for application materials is Monday, April 10, 2012. Please visit the Microbes in Health and Disease website for more information.
Submission of materials as email attachments to program administrator Alicia Hamilton (firstname.lastname@example.org) is encouraged. Please note that NIH regulations allow T32 appointments only for U.S. citizens or permanent residents. The application materials are detailed below.
- Personal statement
- Principal investigator letter of recommendation
- Two additional letters of support
- Certification of advanced (PhD, MD) degree completion
The Microbes in Health and Disease steering committee will evaluate applications and award traineeships based upon:
- The quality of all of the above components
- The strength of the applicant's background
- The applicant's future potential for a biomedical research career in microbial contributions to health and disease
- The advisor's program participation and commitment for supporting the research training of the applicant
Date Published: 03/22/2012