UWCCC Announces Awards for 16 Investigator Initiated Trials
It is the goal of the UWCCC to foster the development of investigator driven clinical research trials which define and develop novel agents and whose designs focus on a translational theme.
Thirty five proposals were submitted with a total of 16 applications awarded from the spring and fall solicitations. The UWCCC will again send out solicitations in April and October 2011, which will focus on population health and clinical translational research.
2010 UWCCC IIT Awards
2009 Multi Investigator, 2010 Year 2 Funding:
- Mark Burkard (Kari Wisinski, Wei Xu, Weibo Cai, & Yongna Xing): "Personalized Therapy of Breast Cancer for Older-Aged Women Via ERß and REST"
- Natalie Callander (Alan Rapraeger, Shigeki Miyamoto, Ken Young, B. Jack Longley, & Hematti Peiman): "Investigations into Bone Marrow Microenvironment in Multiple Myeloma"
- Mark Burkard: "Feasibility Study of Biomarkers of Response to Neoadjuvant Paclitaxel in Locally Advanced Breast Cancer"
- Andreas Friedl: "Deciphering the Stromal Paracrine Signaling Network in Breast Cancer"
- Michael Harrison: "Quantitative Comparison of Bone Scintigraphy with NaF-PET/CT in Patients with Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer to the Bone"
- Kevin Kozak: "Eicosanoids in Radiation-related Lung Toxicity"
- Amye Tevaarwerk: "Phase II Study of Dose-Dense Docetaxel Plus Cyclophosphamide with Pegfilgrastim Support for Adjuvant Therapy of pN0 or Nx Breast Cancer"
- Randall Tibbetts: "CREB as a Radiation Resistance Determinant in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer"
- Deric Wheeler: "Understanding Nuclear EGFR and Resistance to Cetuximab in NSCLC"
- Emily Winslow: "A Biological Study of Resveratrol's Effects on Notch-1 Signaling in Patients with Low Grade Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrine Tumors"
- Kari Wisinski: "Development of a Tissue Microarray for UW Breast Cancer Translational Research"
- Fotis Asimakopoulos: "Optical Mapping to Elucidate Mechanisms of Resistance to Proteosome Inhibition in Myeloma"
- Chris Bradfield: "Towards Chronotherapy of Colon Cancer"
- Toby Campbell: "KRN 5500 in the Management of Painful Chemotherapy-induced Peripheral Neuropathy"
- Erin Costanzo: "Sleep Disturbance and Quality Life in Endometrial Cancer Patients:
- Paul Harari: "Establishment of Head and Neck Tumor Xenografts for Translational Research"
- Ryan Mattison: "Molecular Imaging to Assess Response in MDS"
- Manish Patankar: "Augmenting NK Cell-mediated Immunocytokine Therapy"
Date Published: 12/23/2010