The Public Health Madison and Dane County’s mission is working with the community to the enhance, protect, and promote the health of the environment and the well being of all people.
Within Public Health Madison and Dane County is two public health programs offering a non-clinical opportunity. The needle exchange program and the sexual Health program.
These programs will provide students with an opportunity:
- connect directly with the community
- have a direct impact with the community
- design and implement a plan to address wound care for patients of the needle exchange program
- design a plan to maintain contact with (SHR) patients
- design a health plan to educate patients on home health care to reduce disease risks.