UW Health Office of Population Health
The Office of Population Health at UW Health builds partnerships to achieve the best possible health for all. We are committed to improving health outcomes for the broader community.
Through population health management programs, value-based care, and community health improvement, we promote better care, smarter spending and better health. We aim to improve population health by partnering with community stakeholders to address the many factors that influence health within health care systems and outside of medical care.
Under the guidance of the Program Director for Community Health Improvement, participate in the completion of the UW Health Community Health Needs Assessment and/or Implementation Strategy. Collaborate with community organizations, health systems, public health and community partners to develop, implement, and evaluate community health improvement programs to address the highest priority health needs and related social determinants of health in Dane County.
Student learning activities
- Assist with completion of the community health needs assessment or community health implementation strategy including data collection, obtaining input from community members and organizations, and/or identifying evidence-based practices for addressing community health needs
- Develop plans for community health improvement programs to address identified needs
- Create and implement evaluation plans to measure the outcomes and impact of community health improvement programs
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with a diverse range of groups, professionals, agencies, and community members
The ideal student candidate should have:
- Education and/or experience related to public health or health care
- Commitment to principles of equity and inclusion
- Interest in population health
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills in a team setting
- Strong written and spoken communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint and Excel and the ability to efficiently navigate the internet